SealSQ Privacy Statement
Your privacy and trust are important to us. This Privacy Statement explains who we are, what personal information we collect, why we collect this information and how we use and protect it. This Statement refers to all personal information we collect and that we could use to personally identify you. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement. In case you have any questions, please contact us (details below).
This Privacy Statement for business partners and visitors describes how SealSQ processes the personal data of individuals, such as customers, suppliers, and visitors of SealSQ premises and website. This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information we collect via your visit to our website or our premises about you. For instance, when you:
- Visit our websites
- Visit our sites
- Purchase or use our products, solutions, applications or services
- Subscribe to our newsletter or participate in our online communities
- Contact customer support
- Request information specific to your interests
On occasion, we may refer to additional privacy statements or policies to convey specific privacy information of which you need to be aware. An example is when you share your personal data with us as a job applicant, or when you’re an SEALSQ employee.
Due to its global presence, SEALSQ is bound by several data protection laws around the globe. This Privacy Statement may be modified in order to comply with specific local legal requirements. In case of a conflict between this Privacy Statement and local legislation and/or standards, the latter will prevail.
Types of personal information that can be collected
It is important for you to know that “personal information” (or: “data”, “personal information” or “personal data”), means: any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (or “data subject”). An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or by reference to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. Different pieces of information, when collected can lead to the identification of a person, also constitute personal information.
We may process various types of personal information we receive from you depending on the ways you interact with us (e.g., through our website portal, SEALSQ customer support, etc.). They include the following:
- Name and last name
- E-mail address, address, phone number, fax, country
- Log in details (user name, password)
- Reviews, feedback, comments
- Traffic information such as time and/or duration of your interaction with us
- IP address, MAC address of the devices you use to interact with us
- Your actual or assumed location (determined by the information mentioned above)
- Information related to your interests (products or services that you are visiting on our website platforms)
- Information related to your requests for information, requests for support and your transactions with SEALSQ
- Cookies preferences
Reasons for personal data collection
We want to know you better so we can serve you better. However, your participation in this service is optional.
Depending on who you are, we may collect personal information for different purposes, such as:
- Performance and execution of contracts
- Direct marketing
- Providing our products or services
- Responding to requests
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Security and maintenance reasons
The legal bases (or justified reasons) for processing your personal data are:
- The legitimate interest of business and management purposes
- Entering into and managing a contract
- Compliance with our legal obligations
- Your specific and informed consent
International transfers of your personal data
SEALSQ is a global organization, and member of the WISeKey International Holding, based in Switzerland and its own affiliates, so the data we process may be transferred internationally throughout our organization and to other members of the WISeKey Holding, worldwide. The countries/regions in which recipients are likely to be located are the countries/regions where SEALSQ is conducting business.
To protect your rights, we only store and transfer your personal data in a country where:
- An adequate level of protection for personal data is provided
- An instrument covers the requirements for the transfer of personal data such as:
- EU Standard Contractual Clauses
- Codes of conduct
- Certification mechanisms
Information sharing with third parties
We only share your personal information with third parties in the specific cases listed below:
- SEALSQ affiliates, or other members of the WISeKey International Holding
- External service providers, such as newsletter distributors, IT hosting providers, marketing providers, etc.
- Business partners
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Safeguards of personal information
We recognize our responsibility to protect the personal information we collect. We make sure that our measures follow applicable data protection and data security laws. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent risks, such as accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to information. Additionally, we make sure that these measures are following applicable data protection and data security laws. For instance, we put in place the following measures to protect your information:
- Limiting physical access to our premises
- Limiting access to personal information (for instance, only employees on a need-to-know basis have access to your personal information)
- Requiring third-party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure and putting in place physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards
According to applicable data protection laws, you have the right to:
- Access, modify or delete your personal information (unless it is legally required to retain the information)
- Restriction of or objection to the processing activity of your information
- Request a copy of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Pose any questions related to your personal information and its protection
Data retention policy
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary to fulfill the specific purposes, as explained under the section “Why we collect your personal information”. In certain cases a longer retention of your personal information might be required according to legal obligations. In all other cases, we delete your personal information once the purpose of processing your information is fulfilled.
Complaints and concerns
If you are concerned about the way we process your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) who will investigate your concern. Please understand that the DPO can only handle your request if you authenticate yourself. You will receive a response within a reasonable period. You also have the right to make a formal complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
In case you have a concern or complaint in relation to this Privacy Statement please reach out to our Data Protection Office at:
c/o WISeKey SA
Attn. Data Protection Office
58 Avenue Louis-Casaï
The Data Protection Office